Welcome to the Ox In A Box Food Awards 2022 and here is our fifth category Best Pop-Up 2021, listed in alphabetical order: What a brave time to open up in hospitality. So support them by voting for your favourite!
The awards will be held in Spring 2022, sponsored by Goldstar Recruitment and Thomas Franks, and attended by Raymond Blanc, when the top three nominations from each category will be invited to the glittering ceremony where the winners will be announced.
VOTE HERE: https://surveyhero.com/c/7qbqbqve
- Acqua Salata, Witney – This pair of Passionate Italian chefs began trading outside Fat Lil’s during lockdown and were so successful they have just opened their own place. Giancarlo Baldoni and fellow Italian and chef Marcello Silva did a roaring trade in fresh pizza, pasta, sauces, sandwiches, cheese and charcuterie. VOTE HERE: https://surveyhero.com/c/7qbqbqve
2) Circus Sauce, Giffords – Who doesn’t love this wonderfully eccentric touring restaurant that travels with Giffords Circus around Oxfordshire every summer, impressing at every new site. Based around seasonal and foraged food, their sharing plate/trestle table mentality was way ahead of its time and their food so unique and individual it’s now earned its own cookbook. VOTE HERE: https://surveyhero.com/c/7qbqbqve
3) Damascus Rose Kitchen, Oxford – This wonderful collective of Syrian women started off at Flo’s Cafe in East Oxford with their authentic home-cooked food and are now established at the Old Fire Station Cafe on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday for breakfast, lunch or a sweet treat! Already enormously popular, their aim is to share their culture and provide employment and training opportunities for refugee women in Oxford. VOTE HERE: https://surveyhero.com/c/7qbqbqve
4) DiSH, Harwell – the new container units on the Harwell Campus offers everything from cocktails to smoothies, Indian street food to burgers, vegan curry to contemporary Thai and Middle Eastern style salads it’s all going on. And with outdoor seating and roof terrace to enjoy is already a big hit. VOTE HERE: https://surveyhero.com/c/7qbqbqve
5) Lula’s Ethiopian and Eritrean Cuisine, Oxford – has set up shop in the new Makespace Oxford unit in Frideswide Square near Oxford train station, introducing Oxford to an entirely new cuisine, while occupying a restaurant space that has been empty for years. What’s not to like? VOTE HERE: https://surveyhero.com/c/7qbqbqve
6) Medley, Binsey – this charming home-built bar snuck in quietly during lockdown and transformed the way we eat and drink around Port Meadow for ever. Just up from The Perch this simple open-air bar and food pop up venue has been immensely popular with anyone preferring the outdoors, from river dwellers and walkers to a younger, funkier clientele. What a view! VOTE HERE: https://surveyhero.com/c/7qbqbqve
7) Nood, Oxford – another massive lockdown hit, Good, run by Heather Candlish who works as a pastry chef at Le Manoir, and her partner chef Jack Thomson Anderson, who have not only been home delivering their amazing cakes but also running pop-up suppers in the The Jericho Cafe and other venues around Oxfordshire. They are also involved in the new Pappo, about to open in Botley. VOTE HERE: https://surveyhero.com/c/7qbqbqve
8) Pit Kitchen, Chipping Norton – opened this summer on the private Cornwell estate in the Cotswolds. Walkers, tourists and locals have flocked for the views, the air and the wonderful BBQ style cooking. VOTE HERE: https://surveyhero.com/c/7qbqbqve
9) Scenic Supper, Todenham Manor Farm’- This is no ordinary pop-up but the creme de la creme of pop-ups. Anyone lucky enough to book one of their seven glass greenhouses overlooking the Cotswolds were also treated to an exceptional taster menu and cocktails while watching the deer frolicking below. Now set up at Fir Farm for the winter in a magnificent barn with similar views. VOTE HERE: https://surveyhero.com/c/7qbqbqve
10) Shirins Kitchen, Headington – Another ladies collective, this time cooking the Indian and Bangladeshi food they eat at home in a separate section of The Six Bells in Headington VOTE HERE: https://surveyhero.com/c/7qbqbqve
11) Table 13, Wheatley – Only been open a few months but this little plant-based pop up supper club has already made an enormous impact on anyone whose visited. Our reviewer said it was the “best vegan food she’d ever eaten”. Praise indeed. VOTE HERE: https://surveyhero.com/c/7qbqbqve
12) Raw Pantry, Bicester – another little gem which serves supper on a monthly basis to an increasingly enthusiastic crowd at the Jericho Coffee Traders venue in Oxford. Share tables, food and conversation, it’s a lovely way to eat and meet people. Review coming soon! VOTE HERE: https://surveyhero.com/c/7qbqbqve
To find out more about the food awards, sponsored by Goldstar Recruitment and Thomas Franks, being held in Spring 2022 click here : https://www.oxinabox.co.uk/the-ox-in-a-box-food-awards-returns-with-raymond-blanc-to-recognise-oxfordshires-incredible-hospitality-industry-get-voting/ and keep voting every day for all 12 categories!
You can vote once in each category!