Welcome to the Ox In A Box Food Awards 2022 and here is our first category Best Newcomer 2020, listed in alphabetical order: What a brave time to open up in hospitality. So support them by voting for your favourite!
VOTE HERE: https://surveyhero.com/c/amyaqdpq
1) Edge Eatery, Witney – what started as a pop-up became so successful that Tom Pickett and Phoebe Hall opened their own cafe for their street food style food and delicious cocktails. And with friend and general manager Will Morris now on board, Witney has welcomed them with open arms. VOTE HERE: https://surveyhero.com/c/amyaqdpq
2) Farm and Table, Wykham Park near Banbury – an impressive and innovative conversion of one of the barns at Wykham Park Farm, and a wonderfully welcoming and delicious offering from Pawel Walkiewicz means that this rural cafe definitely deserves a place in our nominations. VOTE HERE: https://surveyhero.com/c/amyaqdpq
3) Gourdans, St Clements, Oxford – another pop-up success, Gourdans inimitable French steak van now has its own premises. Not only is the food sublime for both veggies and meat-eaters alike but the fun premises complete with its own Citroen van bar and bustling atmosphere is a heady mix. VOTE HERE: https://surveyhero.com/c/amyaqdpq
4) Green Routes Cafe, East Oxford – vegan and veggie heaven arrived on Magdalen Road with its East London influenced fast food and was an instant success with fans flocking from far and wide for their sloppy joes, brunches and fine coffee. An important addition to Oxford’s burgeoning plant-based scene. VOTE HERE: https://surveyhero.com/c/amyaqdpq
5) Hand and Shears, Church Hanborough, near Witney – Husband and wife team Patrick Moore and Sally Simmonds set up shop in this picturesque village not only reviving the 18th century local pub but serving some damn fine food to boot. VOTE HERE: https://surveyhero.com/c/amyaqdpq
6) Taste Tibet, East Oxford – Tibetan food anywhere in the UK is a novelty but this is the real deal as Julie Kleeman and husband Yeshi expanded what was a successful pop-up at Gloucester Green Market with a bona fide restaurant and takeaway. Think momos, curries and dals. VOTE HERE: https://surveyhero.com/c/amyaqdpq
7) Waggon and Horses, Southmoor – another steak led enterprise from Nick Evans and his son Seb who run the enormously popular Black Horse in Standlake. The same team have totally refurbished and opened up the village pub. with a burger, game and steak led menu. VOTE HERE: https://surveyhero.com/c/amyaqdpq
8) Whistlers, Chipping Norton – Nathan Phelps and Kerry Foley had rather bad luck on first taking over this little town brasserie when chef Nathan broke his leg and was unable to cook. However they did a roaring trade during lockdown and have reopened in style just in time for summer tourist and winter panto season. VOTE HERE: https://surveyhero.com/c/amyaqdpq
9) White House, Bladon – After numerous hurdles, Bladon finally succeeded in buying their village inn as a community pub. The locals undertook much of the refurb themselves including a massive renovation and extension of the outdoor space, creating a bustling village hub with new head chef Ben Bullen cooking some fabulous pub classics. VOTE HERE: https://surveyhero.com/c/amyaqdpq
To find out more about the food awards, sponsored by Goldstar Recruitment and Thomas Franks, being held in Spring 2022 click here : https://www.oxinabox.co.uk/the-ox-in-a-box-food-awards-returns-with-raymond-blanc-to-recognise-oxfordshires-incredible-hospitality-industry-get-voting/ and keep voting every day for all 12 categories!
You can vote once in each category!