Welcome to the Ox In A Box Food Awards 2022 and here is our fourth category Best Pub, listed in alphabetical order: Support them by voting for your favourite!
The awards will be held in Spring 2022, sponsored by Goldstar Recruitment and Thomas Franks, and attended by Raymond Blanc, when the top three nominations from each category will be invited to the glittering ceremony where the winners will be announced.
VOTE HERE: https://surveyhero.com/c/szg4istx
- The Anchor, North Oxford – Lovely inside and out, the huge outdoor tarpaulin, heaters and seating, lovely food from the kitchens and and street food pop up stalls, mean that this Jericho pub is increasingly popular. VOTE HERE: https://surveyhero.com/c/szg4istx
2) Abingdon Arms, Beckley – A community pub, the views, outdoor space, friendly vibe, historic architecture and lovely food (order the long pizzas on boards), make this village pub a perfect contender. VOTE HERE: https://surveyhero.com/c/szg4istx
3) Back Lane Tavern. Woodstock – An instant success as soon as it opened its doors appeasing both the locals in the bar and diners in the extensive dining room at the back. Having Johnny Parke in the kitchen is helping to pack this place full every night. VOTE HERE: https://surveyhero.com/c/szg4istx
4) Chester, East Oxford – Last year’s winner The queues that go round the block for their Sunday roasts and steak platters remain unabated. Friendly, slick and relaxing, the food is great without being a big deal. Beloved by students, locals and its returning fans, this is still right up there! VOTE HERE: https://surveyhero.com/c/szg4istx
5) Horseshoes, Witney – traditional and unashamedly old-fashioned and dog friendly, think log fires, locals congregating at the bar and some really great British food. Perfect for a Sunday roast. VOTE HERE: https://surveyhero.com/c/szg4istx
6) James Figg, Thame – Enjoy the cider garden, open fires, outdoor seating and simple, honest pub food. A Peach pub staple and less formal than its sister pub The Thatch up the road. VOTE HERE: https://surveyhero.com/c/szg4istx
7) Plough at 38, Oxford – this bustling city centre pub has really come into its own since the restrictions were lifted, less fine dining, more boozer now accommodating tourists, students and locals, especially popular thanks to its new outdoor space. VOTE HERE: https://surveyhero.com/c/szg4istx
8) Punter, Osney Mead, Oxford – Always been a favourite thanks to its riverside location, local following, cheap drinks and wonderful food, it strikes the perfect balance for anyone wanting a drink, get together or meal. VOTE HERE: https://surveyhero.com/c/szg4istx
9) Rusty Bicycle – East Oxford – Always fun, laid back and serving some cracking burgers and pizzas, this Dodo pub appeals to all and sundry from dog lovers and board-gamers to students and locals – it ticks all the boxes. VOTE HERE: https://surveyhero.com/c/szg4istx
10) Tap Social’s The White House, Abingdon Road, Oxford – This charming, community focused, charitably based, refurbed and much loved new pub is fun, relaxing, unpretentious and the food is absolutely fabulous. Another brilliant Tap Social offering VOTE HERE: https://surveyhero.com/c/szg4istx
11) White House – Bladon – Bladon finally succeeded in buying their village inn as a community pub. The locals undertook much of the refurb themselves including a massive renovation and extension of the outdoor space, creating a bustling community hub with new head chef Ben Bullen cooking some fabulous pub classics. VOTE HERE: https://surveyhero.com/c/szg4istx
12) White Rabbit, Oxford – Always packed, the combination of heated outdoor seating, historic pub and some kicking pizzas, means this is heaving come rain or snow. Plus its eclectic clientele of academics, eccentrics, thespians, students and locals is hard to beat. VOTE HERE: https://surveyhero.com/c/szg4istx
To find out more about the food awards, sponsored by Goldstar Recruitment and Thomas Franks, being held in Spring 2022 click here : https://www.oxinabox.co.uk/the-ox-in-a-box-food-awards-returns-with-raymond-blanc-to-recognise-oxfordshires-incredible-hospitality-industry-get-voting/ and keep voting every day for all 12 categories!
You can vote once in each category! https://surveyhero.com/c/szg4istx