Welcome to the Ox In A Box Food Awards 2022 and here is the Best Global category, listed in alphabetical order: Support them by voting for your favourite!
The awards will be held in Spring 2022, sponsored by Goldstar Recruitment and Thomas Franks, and attended by Raymond Blanc, when the top three nominations from each category will be invited to the glittering ceremony where the winners will be announced.
- Antep Kitchen, East Oxford – great for a party, the Turkish food here packs flavour, passion and generosity into every mouthful. Vote here: https://surveyhero.com/c/4ngsxeqv
2) Banana Tree, Oxford – An Indochina hybrid, although this is a chain, the laksas never disappoint, the portions are generous and the cocktails strong. VOTE HERE: https://surveyhero.com/c/4ngsxeqv
3) Bhoomi Kitchen, Headington – this inventive, classy and novel restaurant is the only Indian restaurant in the city to ever feature in the Michelin Guide. A really exciting addition to Oxford’s restaurant scene. VOTE HERE: https://surveyhero.com/c/4ngsxeqv
4) Cinnamon Stick, Middle Barton – Syrian chef patron Khalid Mohammed’s authentic cooking explains why this wonderful Middle Eastern restaurant situated in an old village pub is always busy. We are regulars put it that way! VOTE HERE: https://surveyhero.com/c/4ngsxeqv
5) Coconut Tree, St Clements – Sri Lankan food at its best, order multiple dishes, fill the table and it won’t break the bank. Original, fun, enormously successful and popping up all over the country. VOTE HERE: https://surveyhero.com/c/4ngsxeqv
6) Dosa Park, Oxford – unpretentious, simple, stupendously good value and absolutely delicious food. From the long thin dosas to the idlys, vadas and thalis, the South Indian food is so tasty and original that you scarcely notice its lack of decor. Our go-to for comfort food. VOTE HERE: https://surveyhero.com/c/4ngsxeqv
7) Lula’s Ethiopian and Eritrean Cuisine, Oxford – has set up shop in the new Makespace Oxford unit in Frideswide Square near Oxford train station, introducing Oxford to an entirely new cuisine, while occupying a restaurant space that has been empty for years. What’s not to like? VOTE HERE: https://surveyhero.com/c/4ngsxeqv
8) Olis Thai, East Oxford – a stand alone legend in its own right, whose reputation precedes it with good reason. News that it’s closing this year has sent shock waves throughout Oxfordshire and beyond. Here is your chance to applaud its magnificent achievements. VOTE HERE: https://surveyhero.com/c/4ngsxeqv
9) Pho, Westgate, Oxford – Everyone’s favourite staple, always packed, yes it’s a chain but its quick, fresh and vibrant Vietnamese food sustains many a shopper, family, couple or anyone who fancies something a bit different. VOTE HERE: https://surveyhero.com/c/4ngsxeqv
10) Ramen Kulture, St Giles, Oxford – this independent Japanese Restaurant is small, quirky and hugely popular. The authentic, traditional food is served amidst a funky vibe A much fought after hidden gem. VOTE HERE: https://surveyhero.com/c/4ngsxeqv
11) Sasi’s Thai, Oxford’s Covered Market – quick, authentic and tasty, pop in for a takeaway or eat right there onsite in the Covered Market and watch the food prepared in front of you. VOTE HERE: https://surveyhero.com/c/4ngsxeqv
12) Spiced Roots, East Oxford – Last year’s overall winner this deceptive Caribbean restaurant not only has a lethal rum selection but its food is ambitious and surprising. Not one to be underestimated. VOTE HERE: https://surveyhero.com/c/4ngsxeqv
13) Taste Tibet, East Oxford – a newcomer Tibetan food anywhere in the UK is a novelty but this is the real deal as Julie Kleeman and husband Yeshi expanded what was a successful pop-up at Gloucester Green Market with a bona fide restaurant and takeaway. Think momos, curries and dals. VOTE HERE: https://surveyhero.com/c/4ngsxeqv
To find out more about the food awards, sponsored by Goldstar Recruitment and Thomas Franks, being held in Spring 2022 click here : https://www.oxinabox.co.uk/the-ox-in-a-box-food-awards-returns-with-raymond-blanc-to-recognise-oxfordshires-incredible-hospitality-industry-get-voting/ and keep voting every day for all 12 categories!
You can vote once in each category!