As New Year beckons, Oxfordshire’s restaurants and pubs have done us proud, going overboard to make sure we have the best time ever.
So where to book? That’s where we come in. Having done extensive research (ahem…eating and drinking), we have come up with our definitive guide on where to go and indulge in some truly festive merrymaking.
Celebrate New Year’s Eve in style and support your local hospitality industry who have gone above and beyond to make sure you have the best time ever while remaining safe.
- The Medley, Binsey is open until 5pm on NYE for drinks and snacks. The outdoor bar on the river is perfect for walkers, river-goers or anyone who fancies some lovely mulled wine and a view. Sit around their fire-pits and breath in some fresh air.
2) White Hart, Fyfield – A gourmet treat from chef patron Marc Chandler and his team – marvel at their stunning seven course tasting menu with a seasonal cocktail on arrival and champagne to finish. Kick off with the caramelised apricot brioche, move on to a seatrout pastrami, then steak tartare, followed by honey and thyme roasted Jerusalem artichokes four ways, a venison fillet, and two wonderful dessert options. A special vegan/vegetarian menu is also available. £95 per person. Booking only. https://www.whitehart-fyfield.com
3) The Horseshoes in Witney – has a few tables left, especially early ones, so if you fancy a dinner before heading off elsewhere this is you place. Expect log fires, a wonderful welcome, impeccable service and some lovely British traditional food then this is the place for you! https://www.thehorseshoeswitney.co.uk/new-years-eve
4) Killingworth Castle, Wootton – Fancy a lovely lunch instead of dinner? Enjoy the Cotswold countryside, perch at the bar, take a walk or enjoy a long lunch, the kitchen is open until 2pm and the food is fantastic. https://www.thekillingworthcastle.com
5) Tap Social White House is offering the very best disco, classics, soul, funk, rare groove & reggae from DJs Danny and Shirley Love from 9pm til 3am and can’t wait to celebrate with you! Plus a full bar with all the usual range (spirits, beer, wine, bubbly, soft drinks, cider and more) plus bar snacks on offer. The downstairs bar and restaurant will be open until just after midnight, serving food from 6-9pm. http://www.wegottickets.com/event/533091
6) The Mole Inn, Toot Baldon. Enjoy a delicious 6 course meal with us on New Year’s Eve before heading off to see the New Year in. One sitting only at 7pm so get in quick at this hugely popular country pub all cooked by talented new head chef Anthony Hohmann. https://www.themoleinn.com/nye-2021
7) Part and Parcel in Witney, Rusty Bicycle East Oxford, Up in Arms Marston – Book £3 tickets for the NYE Lock In at these three Dodo pubs. Think live music, DJ sets, bacon sarnies and cocktails. https://shop.dodopubs.com/collections/new-years-eve-2021/products/nye-at-the-part-and-parcel
8) Greyhound, Letcombe Regis – With new head chef Martin Sherriff‘s first menu being showcased on NYE, you’ll be in for a treat. Enjoy four courses, a pre-dinner cocktail, chef’s canapés on arrival and homemade sweets, coffee and teas to finish. From rabbit nuggets with dirty carrot ketchup to chicken and tarragon mousseline, lobster ginger bisque, lemongrass foam and a chicken crisp, to fillet of beef Wellington, smoked truffle celeriac, horseradish gel, bone marrow sauce, chocolate and orange Jaffa cake delice, burnt orange and rosemary ice cream and mandarin gel, then cheese. Veggie/vegan options available. £70 a head. https://www.thegreyhoundletcombe.co.uk/menu-nye/
9) Branca, Jericho – Eat early or late at this bustling Oxford restaurant and either see in the new year or scuttle home to enjoy midnight in time for Jools Holland on the TV. Book at 01865 807745. https://www.branca.co.uk/menus/
10) Tap Social – Botley – The brilliant Kwassa Kwassa is bringing sounds of the tropics to Tap’s corner of the industrial estate from 7:30pm til 2am. Expect a special guest (to be announced) and Whitehorsebox Pizza making proper wood fired pizzas and dirty fries to £15. https://www.wegottickets.com/event/532026
12) The Alice – Randolph – Book in for the celebratory six-course menu followed by a post-dinner DJ to help welcome in the new year. Created by chef Chris Emery, guests will feast on a collection of indulgent and classic British dishes and say goodbye to 2021 in style. Post-dinner, enjoy a DJ and live band playing until the early hours with a glass of fizz at midnight in the Drawing and Lancaster rooms. £140 per person or a party only ticket costs £30. Black Tie. thealiceoxford.com
13) The Double Red Duke ,Clanfield – Book into the Cotswolds new restaurant. Dine in style in the Jacobean inn which reopened recently after an extensive refurb. Think prime Rib of Beef for two, smoked Bearnaise, chips, charred cabbage, french bean, shallot and parsley salad. Four courses for £120 per person. https://www.countrycreatures.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/NYE-Menu.pdf
14) The Anchor, North Oxford – for those who would prefer to sit outside, the huge outdoor tent provides the perfect venue for those wanting a drink, dinner from 5pm to late. Fun, communal, heated and very much community based, this is a really welcoming hub and space.
15) Quod, Oxford promises a showstopping party to remember. Expect a five-course party menu of Quod favourites, a live pianist, cocktails, plenty of fizz, DJ’s and dancing to bid a grand farewell to 2021! Or book in instead for the all day menu from 11.30am until 4pm where you can expect a variety of festive dishes, and New Year’s Eve specials and still get home in time. https://www.quod.co.uk/book-a-table/
16) Cinnamon Stick, Middle Barton – fancy a Middle Eastern feast? Then head to this country pub or enjoy their outdoor souk tent on New Year’s Eve either from 12-3pm or 6-10pm. https://www.thecinnamonstick.co.uk
17) The Crown Woodstock – Expect a DJ, dancing, special cocktails and party on people in this beautiful Cotswold town. Time to let your hair down!
18) The Isis Farmhouse, Oxford – It’s all about music at this infamous riverside pub. £10 admission fee gets you in to enjoy The Isis City Rollers, Beard of Destiny, The Geee’s and the Folk session. Plus a minced pie and glass of mulled wine with food available 7-10pm. What’s not to like? https://www.theisisfarmhouse.co.uk
19) Cherwell Boathouse, North Oxford – expect a feast of epic proportions a this much loved, elegant Oxford eatery. £85.00 per head with an additional £42.00 wine flight, you can look forward to canapés, pate, wellington, fillet of beef, cheesecake and cheese plus a glass of bubbles and midnight fireworks. Book at https://cherwellboathouse.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/New-Years-Eve-2021.pdf
20) The Ivy – Oxford – Be wined and dined with a delicious sounding a la carte winter menu and an exciting cocktail menu plus champagne. Open until midnight. https://theivyoxford.com/new-years-eve/
PLUS: White Hart Wytham – A New Year’s Eve spectacle of exceptional dining, sensational music, plus cocktails, champagne, fireworks and New Year’s morning Asado BBQ! Natalie Williams (of Ronnie’s Scott’s session fame) will perform Soul Family’s ‘Motown and More’ live at Wytham Village Hall after a heavenly supper and then again with fireworks galore. Throw in a disco, champagne and a stunning menu from head chef Andrew Carr, as well as inside and outdoor dining options and you are onto a winner. Tickets £150 per person. FULLY BOOKED