We have put together the ultimate Mother’s Day take out guide so that you can treat your mum in style. Here are our top picks for Sunday March 14.
- Fallow & Fields, Nuneham Courtenay – Enjoy three courses from one of Oxfordshire’s newest catering companies, and take all the credit. Think twice baked souffle with a spiced tomato chutney andendive salad, followed by seabass en papillote, roast rump of lamb or a mushroom and spinach wellington with a champagne and tarragon veloute. Then lemon tart with fresh raspberries. We’re in. £45 for two, £75 for four and £95 for six. Email info@fallowandfields and collect Friday, Saturday or Sunday. https://www.fallowandfields.com/products/mothers-day-meal-box
2) Waggon & Horses, Southmoor and Black Horse, Standlake – there’s a two course roast on offer from beef rump to leg of lamb, pork loin and crackling, Loch Duart salmon or cauliflower steak and then some marvellous puds to choose from. Great value too at one course for £15, two for £22. Waggon & Horses https://www.thewaggonandhorsessouthmoor.com/menu 01865 823316. Black Horse, Standlake 01865 3003076 https://www.theblackhorsestandlake.com
3) Swedish Sandwich Cake – The lovely Raya who you might have bumped into at Deddington Farmers Market is making a chocolate version of an opera cake for Mother’s Day. Chocolate sponge, chocolate ganache, vanilla cream and cream, for one day only, priced £29. Looks pretty good to us! http://www.swedishsandwichcake.com
4) Gravy and Custard, Watlington – the ultimate Mothering Sunday Delivered Supper, (to be delivered on Saturday 13th March, ready for the Sunday!) £26.50 – £28.50 per person for three courses. With no prep and just simple heating instructions, you can relax and enjoy this beautiful meal in the comfort of your home. Plus there is an accompanying two course Children’s Meal for £10. https://www.gravyandcustard.co.uk/product-page/delivered-supper-saturday-13th-march
5) Stansfield & Hoole, Bicester – get in quick for this sumptuous sounding Mother’s Day cream tea which consists of 2 Plain or Fruit Scones, clotted cream, raspberry conserve, fresh strawberries and raspberry lemonade for £12. Delivering Saturday 13th March 07581 344640
6) The Thatch in Thame, Fishes in Hinksey, Bear and Ragged Staff in Cumnor and Fleece in Witney, – Three Course Mother’s Day Box for Two £70 https://www.thethatchthame.co.uk/whatson/
7) Cinnamon Stick, Middle Barton – A Mother’s Day mixed mezze is on offer on March 12-14 for one, two or four people. Prices start at £15 per person for this Middle Eastern feast. Go to https://www.thecinnamonstick.co.uk/mother-s-day-set-menu
8) Yellow Submarine – Witney and Oxford‘s social enterprise cafes are keeping busy by producing an online Mother’s Day selection of ‘Life Changing’ treats. Each bake is carefully handmade by Yellow Submarine’s team of trainee bakers. Not only are they delicious, 100% of profits go to charity. Order here https://www.yellowsubmarineshop.org/mothersdaygifts
9) Our friends at Herberowe Candle Co have got together with Croxfords caterers to produce this Mother’s Day Gift Box (£25) which includes a delicious prize winning vanilla butter cream Victoria sponge with raspberry jam, and two Herberowe Candles in best selling fragrances – Indulge (vanilla) and Relax (Lavender). Go to https://www.herberowe.co.uk/shop/p/2pgsgniwh0pzjicrlbc5gxjev0fp8r
10) Mole Inn, Toot Baldon – is doing a great value three courses for £35 or kids for £20 Mother’s Day menu. How about duck liver parfait for starter, leg of lamb with all the trimmings for mains and treacle tart and clotted cream for pud? Yup, though so. https://themoleinn.com
11) 215, Summertown – As always Paul Welburn has come up trumps with a Mother’s Day Week menu running Thursday, Friday, Saturday (Order Saturday for Mothering Sunday). £60 for two. Try the Irish Hereford prime sirloin, red wine sauce, roast celeriac purée, colcannon croquette and salsa verde for mains and then the chocolate & salted caramel pot, mandarin and passionfruit purée. With wine flights and cocktails if needs be. https://www.twoonefive.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/215-menu-mothers-day-2021.pdf
12) White Hart, Wytham – Go all out with this magnificent five course roast menu, delivered to your door pre-prepared for you to assemble, heat up or oven cook with full instructions and step-by-step videos. Delivered: Saturday 13 March 3-6pm & Sunday 14 March 10am-12.30pm, £45 per person, children’s roasts £10
13) White Hart, Fyfield – has a three course lamb menu for £45 and a three course vegetarian menu on offer this Mother’s Day. Plus some exciting looking cocktails to throw into their Dine at Home boxes for collection between 1-4pm on Saturday 13th March. https://www.whitehart-fyfield.com/dine-at-home
14) Blue Boar Witney, Crown & Thistle Abingdon and Old Post Office Wallingford, Local pub group, Oakman Inns, has created a special three-course Mother’s Day Makeaway Feast to deliver direct to your door thanks to their award-winning Chef Director, Ross Pike, and his team. The starter features Vegetarian or Prosciutto Pide – an Italian flatbread dough covered with ricotta, cherry tomatoes, courgette ribbons, rocket and basil pesto, pickled celeriac and pickled pink onions. Then spring roast chicken with a special herb and sausage meat stuffing, complete with all the trimmings and a sticky toffee pudding with rich toffee sauce and double cream custard to finish. There’s also a Mushroom Wellington vegetarian option
Just get the oven going and follow the easy-to-follow instructions. £25 per person unless you add a cheese course or booze. www.oakmanathome.co.uk
15) The Feathers, Woodstock – Mother’s Day afternoon tea – two scones, three finger sandwiches, two cakes, clotted cream and jam all cooked by head chef Ben Bullen. Call 01993 812291 to order.
16) Wild Thyme, Chipping Norton. Try this three course for £30 a head lunch which consists of a tian of smoked salmon, tray bakes sea bass or roast beef and a rhubarb crumble. Order by Wednesday. Collection or delivery. http://www.wildthymerestaurant.co.uk/take-me-home.html
17) Hollybush or Horseshoes in Witney has just launched a Mother’s Day special for four to share. Slow cooked pork belly, honey mustard pigs cheek, apple sauce and cider gravy served with buttered mash, chips, cauliflower cheese and Yorkshire puddings for £70. Optional puds include sticky toffee and apple crumble. https://www.instagram.com/p/CMAbW_xDqBg/
18) Chester Arms, East Oxford – a special Mother’s Day menu running from 12.15-6pm, serving roast beef, overnight slow roasted pork belly or rosemary and garlic free range chicken with all the trimmings. A nut roast wellington, vegan option and fish and chips are also available. And throw in some brownies for pud. Ring 01865 790438
19) Greyhound, Letcombe Regis – Don’t forget to book your slot for Mother’s Day Sunday lunch with a few new dishes added to the menu this week such as new season leg of Oxford roast lamb and the ever-popular coconut rice pudding with caramelised pineapple, puffed wild rice and honeycomb. https://www.thegreyhoundletcombe.co.uk/takeaway-menu/
20) No 1 Ship Street, Oxford – dine in splendour. Start with the prawn and lobster cocktail, move on to roast local free-range chicken with all the trimmings and finish with brioche bread and butter pudding. 12-2pm. Three courses for two £66, three £78 and £90 for four. https://www.no1shipstreet.com or ring 01865 806637.
21) Eyston Arms, East Hendred – a really exciting menu for Mother’s Day, with lots of choices. Order by 8pm on Friday. From roasts to Thai curry, kids menus, starters and even an assiette of puddings for 2. https://eystonarms.co.uk/take-away-meals/#valentines
22) Ingredients in Woodstock – the new deli has teamed up with House Party Flowers and our friends at Nood for a wonderful double whammy on Mother’s Day. Contact email@example.com to order flowers and cupcakes!
23) Skogen Kitchen, Oxford – order some miniaturised Princess cakes. That means you get a whole one to yourself or the perfect mum-sized gift for Mother’s Day. Inside the traditional green marzipan jacket you will find the same deliciousness of their regular princess cake – layers of genoise sponge, raspberry jam, vanilla custard and whipped cream. However, there is only a limited number for next weekend for Mother’s Day, so make sure you reserve yours. Large Princess Cakes and boxes of buns also available to order for delivery next Sunday. https://skogen.kitchen
24) Mange Tout Chef, Woodstock – For the perfect breakfast order a box of authentic French pastries, cakes bread or chocolates, handmade and delivered to you door. Full menu at https://www.mangetoutchef.co.uk
25) Clanfield Tavern, Clanfield – This weekend’s takeaways include a Mother’s Day Sunday roast. Choose from beef sirloin, pork, lamb gammon or chicken a veggie coeliac, with all the trimmings plus some seriously good puds. Ring 07738006015 or email Contact@clanfieldtavern.net to place an order and collection time.
26) Tap Social Whitehouse, Botley – celebrate with a gift box of handmade doughnuts (we’ve tried them, and believe me they are good). The box includes two banoffee, 2 lemon curd and 2 raspberry jam doughnuts. Collect on Sunday between 11am and 2pm. Order by 10am Saturday at https://www.tapsocialmovement.com/collections/mothers-day
If you are running a Mother’s Day offering contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org