Can’t be bothered to cook on New Year’s Eve, unable to go out? Here’s our guide to the best dinners, drinks, snacks in Oxfordshire available that can be delivered and collected, while supporting your local pubs and restaurants. So go on – spoil yourselves!
1) DELIVERED: NATIVE FEASTS – OXFORDSHIRE has prepared an AT HOME menu which arrives at your front door on December 31. The six person family pack costs £147.50. The local caterers and pop up specialists can deliver wine and fizz as well. Hell, you can even pretend you cooked it yourself! https://www.nativefeasts.co.uk
2) No 1 Ship St, Oxford – As always has come up with the goods with a deluxe NYE Package this Thursday evening. Delivered to your door or collected from No.1 Ship Street. The menu consists of bread & Olives, hot smoked trout starters, Roast Rib of Beef with chips, winter greens and house butter, desserts, grappa truffles, a bottle of Champagne and a bottle of red wine. Plenty for 2 to share, £200.
Orders must be received by midday on 30th December. Call 01865 806637 to place an order and to book one of our limited delivery slots.
3) Eyston Arms, East Hendred – Is running a NYE Takeaway menu from 5-8pm and New Year’s Day 3-6pm. Maria’s Banquet Bag for 2-4 people includes a half or whole tandoori guinea fowl and chargrilled veg, a beef, potato and spinach madras, roast cauliflower and butternut squash with masala sauce, mushroom and pilau rice, 4/8 poppadoms and mango, chilli and chutneys plus 4/8 rum and raisin echolocate truffles for £35/70.
If you fancy winning Maria’s Banquet Bag for 2, along with a bottle of fizz. Enter at https://www.instagram.com/p/CJWiCAVr2MK/ The winner will be announced on Wednesday 30th December.
4) Rose and Crown, North Parade (see main pic) – is bringing you the party this NYE. Beer, Scotch Eggs, Sausage Rolls, Champagne truffles and special discount prices on Champagne for delivery on New Years Eve! Message 07977 251771 for orders!
5) Chester Arms – East Oxford – due to popular demand one of our favourite pubs is brining you a NYE takeout menu. Let’s hope their infamous steak platter is on there! Watch this space for more details.
6) Woodstock Arms, Woodstock – Their take aways have started up again starting from Thursday 31st. Just pop in, call or order via the website. They deliver too! Plus draught beer, ale & cider, well stocked, reasonably priced bottle shop and a wine list posted online on Thursday. https://ordertab.menu/thewoodstockarms/collection
7) Cinnamon Stick, Middle Barton – Go Lebanese and take advantage of the £30 Meal Specials – some favourite dishes put together to save you the trouble of deciding. https://www.thecinnamonstick.co.uk
8) Lamb Inn Crawley – Fantastic value for money this New Year’s Eve set menu includes starters of prawn, avocado and cucumber cocktail, Salt ‘n’ Pepper calamari with chilli, spring onions and aioli, chicken liver and foie parfait, onion chutney, country toast or caramelised red onion, rosemary and blue cheese tart.
For mains enjoy lamb, rosemary, barley and leek pie with truffle wedges, tenderstem & gravy, roast cracked pork belly with duck fat roasties, caramelised vegetables, gravy and red cabbage, roasted stuffed aubergine ‘Turkish style’ with couscous, chickpeas and aioli, roast Crispy Duck , duck fat roasties, caramelised vegetables, red cabbage and peppercorn sauce, beer battered Fish ‘n’ chips, tartar sauce. For Pudding choose from treacle tart, clotted cream, pear tarte tatin, custard or bread and butter pudding, custard. £25 per head plus wines at a 20% discount for NYE take home. Orders need to be placed by the 30th of December and picked up. To place an order please email email@example.com or call 01993708792.
9) Fallow & Fields – Nuneham Courtney Steak night – £45 For 2. Choose Your steaks (they don’t have to be the same) from a 6oz Fillet, 8oz Ribeye, 9oz Sirloin, 12oz T-Bone, then 2 sides and 2 Sauces. Add extras from charcuterie to dessert, wine champagne and Prosecco for collection. Call 07825818870 or email to order. https://www.fallowandfields.com/pages/steak-night
10) Oxfordshire Yeoman, Freeland – Join a live RAFFLE DRAW on New Year’s Eve on Facebook at 8pm. Tune in to see if you get the grand prize. https://www.facebook.com/TheOxfordshireYeoman/
11) Wild Thyme, Chipping Norton – New Year’s Eve Take Me Home Banquet. A selection of several Wild Thyme classics to enjoy at home as we wave good riddance to 2020! Small plates designed to be shared.
Enjoy a fish platter: smoked salmon, crab blini, potted shrimp & smoked paprika, gorgonzola cheese souffle, local honey, hazelnuts, local venison en croute, creamed celeriac, seasonal vegetables, followed by a clementine egg custard tart, raspberry & dark chocolate torte, milk chocolate & hazelnut meringue and finish with ive cheeses, grape chutney, crackers. http://www.wildthymerestaurant.co.uk
12) White Hart, Fyfield – SOLD OUT
13) Tap Social, Botley – although they have had to cancel their NYE plans, the social enterprise is still delivering their home brewed beer to you home. Support them and drink local! https://www.tapsocialmovement.com