Chicken Pad Thai – the national dish of Thailand
- serves 2
- 250g sliced chicken breast (this also works well with beef, pork or just vegetables)
- 90g rice noodles
- 50g beansprouts
- 2 spring onions chopped
- 6tbsp fish sauce
- 3tsp tamarind sauce
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp preserved turnip (not essential)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp red chilli
- ½ lime
- 2 tbsp crushed peanuts
- Soak rice noodles for 30 minutes in room temperature water
- Heat and season the wok. Add chicken and stir fry for a few minutes.
- Add egg and stir fry. Before the egg is fully cooked, add the noodles, sugar and turnip. Stir fry until all ingredients are mixed well and noodles are wilted.
- Add the tamarind and season with fish sauce. Then add bean sprouts, green onions and the red chilli. Stir fry quickly to ensure everything is well combined.
- Remove from heat and serve with crushed peanuts and lemon wedge on the side and garnish with coriander
As you are aware Thaikhun has had to temporarily close its restaurants, takeaway and delivery service, but promises to be back open on George Street as soon as possible.