Our nominations are in for Best Gastro Pub at the Ox In A Box Food Awards. Go to the Food Awards page onsite to vote. It’s very easy or click here:
- The Eagle Tavern – Little Coxwell – old village pub where the food takes precedence under Marcel Nerpas
2) The White Hart – Fyfield – Kay and Mark Chandler reign supreme at this charming oldy-worldy pub and its excellent food.
3) White Hart – Wytham – the fire is lit in the winter and the beautiful courtyard greets you in the summer thanks to much loved landlord Mark Butcher.
4) Nut Tree – Murcott – needs little introduction – it’s Michelin star says it all.
5) Magdalan Arms – one of the first gastro pubs in the land famous for its communal atmosphere and sharing plate mentality, still as consistently brilliant as ever.
6) The Mole Inn – Toot Baldon – a revitalised country pub with amazing food produced by head chef Johnny Parke
7) Killingworth Castle – Wootton, Woodstock – charming, traditional, rural, consistently great food, and proudly owned and run by the lovely Claire and Jim Alexander
8) Boxing Hare – Swerford, under new ownership with husband and wife team Nick and Kate Anderson in the kitchen.
9) Lamb, Crawley – classic cooking under Seb Snow’s guidance
10) The Greyhound, Letcombe Regis – Head chef Liam Whittle ensures a loyal clientele in this charming country pub near Wantage
11) Star Sparsholt – Head chef Matt Williams’ maintains high culinary stakes play out in this relaxing whitewashed interior
13) Horse and Radish – Minster Lovell – fresh, professional and delicious food in a welcoming country pub. A new one on us but a great discovery.
14) The Black Horse – Standlake – new head chef Martin Sherriff is ensuring high standards at this village pub near Witney.
15) The White Horse – Kings Sutton, near Banbury – consistently recommended thanks to the great food cooked by chef owner Hendrik. (wrongly listed as in Sutton Courtney on voting form)