Jericho Comedy is celebrating the new exhibition “First Animals” at Oxford University Natural History Museum on Friday November 8 by hosting two comedy shows AT THE SAME TIME.
This will no doubt involve much comedic dashing about between the two venues The Jericho Tavern and the lecture hall at the museum, but as the latter sold out it’s 300 seater venue almost immediately, Jericho Comedy was keen to offer a Plan B.
So, in order to meet demand Alex and Harry from Jericho Comedy booked an extra space at Jericho Tavern.
Which means those unable to get tickets to the museum gig can now watch the same show, in reverse.
The acts, who will no doubt be wearing trainers to nip between the venues as quickly as possible, will perform half a show each, before swapping stages and repeating their 20 minute set.
Expect comedians and experts looking at the sillier side of nature and the origins of life.
- You can look forward to Iszi Lawrence – a stand-up specializing in history. Host of the Natural History Museum London Member Cast
- Dr E Patrick – Stand-up comedian and medical doctor
- Dr M Hobs – Scientist and stand-up comedian
- Alex Farrow – Producer at Jericho Comedy. Host of Union Jack Radio’s “One Night Stand”
- Harry Househam – Producer at Jericho Comedy
- Dan Squire – Oxford Imps producer and former Oxford Imps director
- Olley Matthews – Stand-up
“Laugh and learn as stand-ups and experts bring you their funniest thought on nature and evolution,” compere and Jericho Comedy comedian and founder Alex Furrows promises.
If you still don’t manage this Friday night, bear in mind that every Saturday, Jericho Comedy runs gigs at Jericho Cafe and often the Common Ground Workspace Cafe on Little Clarendon Street, again often simultaneously.
The profits from their Saturday shows go to the mental health charity Oxfordshire Mind, which so far this year has raised £7000.
And one for the diary: Jericho Comedy’s biggest gig of the year, the Jericho Comedy Oxfordshire Mind Gala, is being held at Oxford Playhouse (twice on the same day of course) on Saturday Jan 18.
More info and tickets see www.jerichocomedy.com