Looks like we are in for a hot one this weekend and butchers and farmers across the county are gearing up for the barbecue season with plenty of BBQ packs available for click and collect or home delivery.
In fact some local producers say they have never been so busy, with Browns Park Farm in Middleton Stoney near Bicester, having to close early on Saturday because they literally sold out of produce.
Whether you are hankering after ribs, burgers, sausages or marinated chicken, butchers and farm shops have the lot.
1)Paddock Farm Butchery in Brailes is offering free delivery within a ten mile radius of the shop, including Banbury, and have expanded their range to include vegetables, fruit, bread and milk as well, or national delivery for £10 charge. Its herd of native-breed Tamworth pigs supplies the onsite butchery with pork, sausages, bacon and charcuterie.
The team is in the butchery every day so can prepare each order to specific requests. They dispatch meat Tuesday to Thursday to be delivered by next day courier, in an insulated parcel, and endeavour to have all orders delivered within 48 hours.
The butchery also sources native breed cattle including Shorthorn, Hereford, British White, Angus and Longhorn from a small network of trusted suppliers and dry-ages all our steak cuts for 35 days.
2) Brown’s at Park Farm produces all its own meat – its chickens are free to roam outside all day, and their eggs are available to buy. From bacon, burgers and sausages to a full roast simply order and collect. https://brownsatparkfarm.co.uk/farm-shop/
3) Aldens Meatmaster in Osney Mead, Oxford is offering free delivery on orders over £60 to all OX postcodes or you can click and collect from their shop which is open Monday to Saturday from 7am – 5pm. They have BBQ packs from £30 as well as wine, fruit and veg boxes, cheeses, eggs and continental meats. To order 01865 722093 or go to www.meatmaster.info
4) Thame, Newitt’s are offering some free deliveries on their BBQ packs, beef, chicken, game and cooked meats. To order 01844 212103 or www.newitt.co.uk
5) Bakers Butchers in Witney is delivering, and have a BBQ pack with burger, meatballs, Chinese style pork ribs, minted lamb chops, sausages and marinated chicken. There is a £40 minimum order. To order 01993 704822 or www.bakersbutcherswitney.co.uk
6) Wallingford Butchers will deliver free within a 10km radius or you can click and collect. It’s family BBQ pack starts at £20, or its BBQ starter and main at £20. Or opt for its £25 weekly meat pack. Go to www.wallingfordbutchers.co.uk or ring 01491 833553
7) M Feller & Daughter, Oxford Covered Market specialises in making traditional sausages daily from fresh organic British meat which include the following:Cumberland, Pork & Leek, Lamb, Rosemary & Garlic, Chicken & Tarragon, Chipolata and Gluten-Free Pork, Pork, Garlic & Parsley, Oxford (with skins), Chilli Chicken Curry, Beef & Tomato or buy free range organic eggs there. It is also stepping up on deliveries. Deliveries within the Oxford Ring Road have a £3 delivery charge, and the shop is open in the mornings. Call 01865 251164 to place your order or go to http://www.mfeller.co.uk/mfeller_produce.htm
8) Northmoor Meat Company, near Witney produces meat boxes which includes steak and burgers, from its farm’s happy cows on 450 acres of riverside meadows. Its beef boxes are available for purchase online and can be delivered to your door or collected direct from the farm. Its next delivery date on Thursday 14th May 14 has sold out but there is availability on May 28 and June 4. https://www.northmoormeat.co.uk/shop
9) Bartlett’s Butchers, Kidlington is offering free delivery within a 10 mile radius of the shop. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for a product list and to place an order.
10) Hedges Butcher – Abingdon and Botley – You can still order all of your usual products, and boxes and then collect or have them delivered with free local delivery on any order over £50. Choose from the FAMILY FAVOURITES BOX- £50, MEAT FOR THE WEEK- £40 which includes the enticing Breakfast Pack (1lb bacon, x6 eggs & x6 sausages), THE MONDAY TO SUNDAY- £50 which includes a 1kg Beef Joint for Sunday Roast, FILL THE FREEZER- £75, and the STEAK SELECTION BOX- £49.99. And while you are there chuck in some fresh fruit and vegetables, bread, pasta and rice or home made ready meals as well. Abingdon 01235 523295 or http://www.hedgesbutchers.com
11) The Butchery Box – Sandy Lane Organic Farm, Oxford – working with small local farms and British free range farms to create a range of exciting meat boxes which are then delivered free of charge right to your door. Using traditional breeds including Oxford sandy and black pigs, Wiltshire horn lambs and Dexter beef. TBB also offers a range of home-made, seasonal sausages and dry cured bacon. https://thebutcherybox.co.uk/?fbclid=IwAR0XEo8pDLIO64Jesw4MZ80yXDiT56LlZFHikx2dDd7Qnir_Je1V2Co0MyA
12) Chequers, Western On The Green, now offers Meat Boxes with a specially selected variety of meats including chicken, burgers, steak mince, pork, sausages, eggs, bacon, gammon, rump steak, sirloin steak, fillet steak, turkey and more.
Order your Meat Box for collection or delivery on the following Friday. https://thechequers-wotg.pub/#meatboxes
13) The Thatch, Thame is introducing The Newitt’s BBQ Box, complete with salads and slaw. For £45 enjoy butterflied chicken, beef burgers, pork sausages, duck kebabs, halloumi kebabs, new potato salad, slaw and a bean salad, everything you need for a Thatch BBQ at home. You can also order favourite bottle of wine. The boxes are limited so get in quick! Order before 9am on Friday, and collect Saturday, 12-3pm. https://menus.preoday.com/Pub-Hub/the-thatch?fbclid=IwAR1upBzh0WP-NYta1yG3UtFU2z1xc41duj89zfpR3I5IJ0yQmQxVdqNYp5o#/main/venue/menu
Lots of farm shops are also stocking meat. Check out our farm shop directory for a full list of suppliers from across Oxfordshire here:
And let us know of any other local meat suppliers delivering in Oxfordshire at email@example.com.