The voting is closed! And the finalists who have made it through to the Ox In A Box Food Awards can be revealed!
The food awards are being held on Monday April 17 at the North Wall, sponsored by Four Seasons Fruiterers and Goldstar Recruitment, Oxford Fine Dining and Oxford Wine Company, and hosted by Gary Jones of Le Manoir fame.
Yes, we are once again hosting our awards to give Oxfordshire’s hospitality industry a much needed boost, a massive pat on the back and the recognition and attention it deserves after such a difficult year.
The awards ceremony will also raise money for the Burnt Chef Project charity to combat mental health issues in the hospitality industry.
The four nominees from each of the ten categories will attend the glittering black tie awards ceremony which kicks off with a champagne and canape reception where the winners will then be revealed. READ ABOUT IT HERE
Here are your nominees:
Best Newcomer 2023 – Djangos Smokehouse, The Plough West Hanney, The Plough Alvescot, The Lamb Little Milton
2) Best Chef – Mike North – Nut Tree, Georgia Gallacher – Table 13, Paul Welburn – The Swan, Johnny Parke – Back Lane Tavern
3) Best Pub/Bar – The White Rabbit, The Chester, The Plough in West Hanney, The Jolly Farmers
4) Best Gastropub – The White Hart – Fyfield, The Greyhound – Letcombe Regis, The Mole in Toot Baldon, The Back Lane Tavern in Woodstock.
5) Best Restaurant – Cygnet at The Swan in Islip, The Yurt at Nicholsons,, The ballroom AT The Crown in Faringdon,, Five Little Pigs in Wallingford
6) Best Cafe – Waste 2 Taste – Cowley, The Milkshed in Weston-On-The-Green, Yellow Submarine in Witney and Oxford, Tap Social’s Proof Bakery in Kennington.
7) Best Veggie/Vegan – V-Giyan in Woodstock, The Punter in Osney, Table 13 in Wheatley, Eden Cafe in Witney
8) Best European – Pompette in Summertown, Mamma Mia in Summertown, Arbequina in East Oxford and Las Chicas in Faringdon.
9) Best Global – The Cinnamon Stick in Middle Barton, Lula’s Ethiopian in Oxford, Taste Tibet in East Oxford, Spiced Roots on Cowley Road
10) Community Food Award – Damascus Rose Kitchen in Oxford, Tap Social in Oxford, Botley, Banbury and Kennington, Waste 2 Taste in Cowley and Climatarian Kitchen in Kidlington.
The finalists were chosen from over 150 nominees in the ten categories and over 30,000 of you voted! The winners of each category and the OVERALL winners will be decided at the OXINABOX FOOD AWARDS on April 17 at The North Wall, so watch this space!
We would like to thank all our sponsors for making this happen!