Our nominations are in for Best VEGGIE/VEGAN at the Ox In A Box Food Awards. Go to the Food Awards page onsite to vote. It’s very easy or click here:
1)Banana Tree – Oxford – The tofu laksa is worth the trip to Oxford alone and the silky aubergines…. We’re a big fan.
2) Dosa Park, Oxford – Basic in premise, but delivering rare and diverse, predominantly vegetarian dishes, hard to find on an English Indian menu.
3) White Hart Wytham – brilliant menu – makes a real effort to cater for plant-eaters with an equally impressive menu for the carnivores
4. Delhish, St Clements, East Oxford – Oxfordshire’s first ever vegan/vegetarian Indian. Authentic and delicious
5. Cinnamon Stick – Middle Barton – Homely honest and intoxicatingly good Middle Eastern food
6. Cinnamon Kitchen – Westgate, Oxford – reinvented Indian Food in this roof-top restaurant. Yes it’s a chain, but with Vivek Singh overseeing, the veggie food is sublime.
7. Bicycle Shed – Summertown – making a big effort with a predominantly veggie/vegan menu
8. Ribizli in Wallingford – vegan cafe serving home-made food daily with monthly pop up six course dinners
9. Chang Mai Kitchen – off The High Street in Oxford – Thai classics with a huge section of the inspired menu devoted to herbivores.
10. The Coconut Tree – St Clements – lots of vegetarian options from the Sri Lankan Kitchen
11. Pho – Westgate, Oxford – Vietnamese – big bowls of broth, spicy noodles, yes it’s a chain but it’s a fun, exotic and generous.